What is a Health Cash Plan?
Health Cash Plans are a very popular type of Health Insurance that allows employees to budget for everyday health care needs and provide cover for the unforeseen. Unlike Private Medical Insurance, the premiums are considerably lower and can be funded by the employer or employee.
Health Cash Plans provide a fixed tax free cash amount for everyday health costs and can help to tackle minor health problems before they become serious.
Under the Health Cash Plans employees can claim cashback on treatment such as:
- Eye Tests
- Prescription Glasses and Lenses
- Dental Check-ups and fillings
- Health Screenings
Where cover is funded by the employer, the cost can attract corporation tax relief, the employer is liable for Class 1A National Insurance contributions on the premiums and they are treated as a P11d benefit for employees.
Health Cash Plans are increasingly being provided on a purely voluntary basis as part of a flexible benefits arrangement. In this case, the employees’ contributions do not qualify for tax relief.
Goddard Perry will work with you, providing guidance and support to ensure the benefits you provide meet with your company and employee needs. Our service includes.
Planning & Consulting
- Initial meeting to understand your business and employee needs and create a project plan.
- Analysis of any existing arrangements, and if required a full market review to source and recommend a suitable arrangement.
- Consultation and advice on the key points to consider, your scheme design and identification of any other relevant issues.
Implementation and Employee Communications
- Full assistance with the implementation of the arrangement.
- Provision of an employee communication strategy to ensure they are made aware of the cover to be provided and their option to opt-out.
- Assistance with completion of the insurers application documents and ensuring that cover is place and documented correctly.
- Managing your scheme renewals each year.
- Each year we will also conduct a market review to ensure your provider remains suitable. A clear and concise report will be provided making a recommendation to enable you to make an informed decision for the benefit of the company and employees.
- Annual review of staff data to ensure all employees remain covered and eligible.
- Assistance with underwriting claims.
- Keep you informed of Legislative changes which may affect the benefits you provide.
- Inform you of any valuable additional benefits provided by the insurer you have chosen.
If you require more information or assistance regarding possible Cash Plan requirements please email us.